I love having ornaments with sentimental value, so that each year when we pull them out, we can reminisce with each other. This year I made some ornaments for each of the kids with their hand print on them.
clear glass ornament
1. I attached the ribbon so that I could hang the ornament for drying.
2. Very carefully, I placed the kids hand in the paint that I had previously spread out on the plate, and have them put it on the ornament.
3. I used a q-tip to touch up the paint a little and wipe it off in some places, because it's so hard to have the kids not move their hand while it's on the ornament.
4. I hung the ornament to dry, we have some tie holders in our guest room closet that were perfect for this.
5. After it dried, I used a small paint brush to add on a few layers of paint so that it was thick enough.
6. I added a little name tag, as opposed to writing on the ornament, but you could also use puffy paint to write the kid's name on it. I just didn't want to be able to see the name through the glass, so I chose the name tag.
I have been busy getting my house Christmas-ified, it's almost done!